$866 a week
Full Job Description
SECURITY GUARD- FACILITY SURVEILLANCE OFFICER
The Ungava Tulattavik Health Center is a multivocational institution in Nunavik, which serves seven villages of the coast of Ungava Bay including Kuujjuaq, where is located the administrative center. The Health Center has nearly 500 full-time employees, a team of doctors, dentists and pharmacists, and manages a budget of $80 millions.
The Health Centre is seeking applications for short or long term assignments as Security Guard – Facility Supervisor that may become available in the coming weeks or months, either in Kuujjuaq or in the six Ungava Bay communities.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION : If you are now working within “le Réseau de la santé et des services sociaux” you are entitled to ask for a “congé sans solde nordique pour oeuvrer dans un établissement nordique” (ref.: articles 18.05 CSN Collective Agreement).
Ensures the safety and protection of premises and persons in designated areas and sites; maintains order and security as directed
Acts as a security guard for the Kuujjuaq Health Centre, the Department of Medicine and for medical evacuations by plane (Med-Evac)
Must be available to work day-evening-night-weekend shifts and rotational shifts
Must be available to go to other Ungava Bay communities for work periods as needed
QualificationsMust hold a high school diploma Sec. V
Security Guard permit delivered by BPS
Minimum of twelve (12) months of work experience in security
No judicial records
Bilingual (French/English), Inuktitut is an asset
Sense of responsibility and autonomy
Honesty and good judgment
Capacity to intervene quickly and efficiently
Capacity to travel to communities under our jurisdiction
Valid driver’s license
Conditions and benefitsSALARY : Min.: 866.45$ / 35 hours Max.: 968.75$ / 35 hours
NORTHERN PREMIUM : 203.66.18$/week, as more per the family status and the community
HIGH COST OF LIVING PREMIUM : 61.16$/week, or more as per the family status and the community
If you have the desire to live an experience in a Nordic context, we invite you to join our team. Anyone recruited in Quebec more than 50 kilometers from the locality where he is required to perform its functions, shall be entitled to annual trips (3 or 4 times per year as per the family status), moving and storage expenses if applicable as per hiring status, and free lodging provided as per his family situation (transit or shared lodging, temporarily, if required).
Please send your application in French and English by email : [email protected]
Security Guard – Temporary Full time
$26.41 an hour
Full Job Description
- Perform overall Protection Services and Parking related operational duties to maintain, safeguard and support the hospital’s Operations, Staff, Physicians, Patients, Visitors and Property.
- Provide first-line response to non-medical incidents (including violent incidents, disturbance calls, fire alarms, crimes in progress and hazardous materials calls.
- Perform pro-active security patrol duties of the hospital and grounds.
- Maintain all access control systems while ensuring to provide access to departmental areas as required.
- Maintain and monitor all parking equipment, (hardware and software) including pay machines, fee computer, entry and exit gate. Also ensuring all credit card transactions are maintained on a monthly basis.
- Work closely with Human Resources to fulfill all requests such as badge changes, new employee badges, and/or report requests.
- Provide quick customer service to all employees, patients, and visitors related to any issues with parking and/or photo identification.
- Provide appropriate restraint procedures and CPI-NVCI techniques in Code White and other violence-prone situations.
- Ensure, during an arrest, that the alleged perpetrator is aware of the crime and the nature of the allegation being made against him/her, and advise them of their rights under the Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
- Warn employees, visitors, patients and others during crisis/emergency situations of the risks and the action they must take to avoid danger or injury, including guiding them to safety.
- Maintain data logs, reports/forms and ensuring the security and confidentiality of sensitive documents.
- Monitor electronic security systems to ensure they are functional at all times.
- Assist in parking related matters and enforce parking and traffic violations and issue City of Ottawa tickets to violators as required.
- Support the hospital emergency management leads during any hospital related Emergency Colour Code.
- Two year Community College diploma in Law & Security Administration combined with three years experience in the security/police/corrections/military discipline, preferably at least one year expereince in a health-care setting.
- Must have a valid Security Guard License issued by the Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services
- CPR and basic First Aid certificates
- Non-violent crisis intervention course certificate
- Other training an assest: GPA, Use of Force, IMS 100, Mental Health and Addictions etc.