Passenger Car Cleaner (General Worker)
$28.94 an hour
Full Job Description
VIA Rail Canada Inc., Canada’s national passenger rail service, is currently looking to fill Passenger Car Cleaner (General Worker) positions for our Vancouver Station. (and sometines in Mission) .These are full-time positions.
As a General Worker, you will be responsible for cleaning the interior and exterior of passenger railway cars
You will be vacuuming and washing carpets, wiping tables and chairs, changing direction of seats, cleaning washrooms, cleaning windows (interior & exterior).
You will also be draining and filling potable water reservoirs, draining waste water retention reservoirs.
You must be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
The position is full time a position .
You must be available to work any shift (nights, evenings or days) as well as weekends and holidays (schedules are attributed by seniority).
Hourly salary: $28.94/H
Evening shift differential: $0.75/H
Night shift differential: $1.00/H
- Possess a High School Diploma
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Capable of lifting weights ranging up to 23kg (50 lbs.)
- Be flexible regarding work schedules
- Be quality and results oriented
- Able to work in a team
- Possess mechanical aptitudes (trade an asset)
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT:
- VIA Rail is committed to protecting the health and providing a safe environment for its employees and customers. VIA Rail has currently suspended its vaccination policy which requires that all members of its staff be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof as a condition of employment. Please note that if the policy is reinstated in the future, employees will be required to comply.